Saturday 6 June 2015

Slow and Steady

After picking up my pretty race shirt's for my Nike Women's 15 KM run on the 14th I decided I had to wear them immediately. Plus it was laundry day. But I'm a sucker for wearing new things right away. I knew I had to go for a run today, and I knew it also had to be longer than 6 km. I decided 8 was a good idea, and so I went with it. I have a 5 km race tomorrow so I didn't want to go overboard.


I took my mom's advice and went for a slower pace than usual. My average running pace, without walk adjustments is usually 6:45. Today my average running pace was 7:04. I felt like if someone watched me run I looked like a turtle stuck in PB, but I did it anyways. My stomach survived. On my run I decided to use a different running app today, called Spotify, to listen to my music on. I am getting bored of my shuffle music, so I mixed it up and gave into buying 3 months of Spotify for $1. Why not! I quite enjoyed it. Not my repeated songs over and over again that I get sick of.

I quite enjoyed my run today with my slower pace. I did 4 and 1's, which isn't anything spectacular, but I ran. I could have gone longer, but I ran out of water and I also didn't want to push it.

Though 8 km is just about half of my 15 KM run I have set up for next weekend, I know I can do it. Well, I think I can do it. And that work's for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment