Thursday 4 June 2015

Newmarket Easter Seals 5 Km Run

On May 24th, I ran in the Easter Seals 5K run with my mom in Newmarket. The run began at 9:25 so we left at about 8:45 to make it just in time. I hate having to wait around to run so I enjoy getting there moments before we start. I made a quick pit stop at the washrooms, there were about 7-8 ports potties but were readily available, then we joined our 5 km group and we were off. This was a pretty decent run. The course was nice, it was an out and back, but with the 5 km there were several kids, bikes and strollers to pass by if you were at the back of the corral. Luckily we were smart enough to make it to the front of the pack. The route was soft rolling hills and nothing too hard. I quite liked it and hope to do this again next year.

When we were finished and collected our medal, we made our way to a tent that a church group had organized. Under the tent was watermelon, apples, chocolate milk, juice, blueberry muffins and amazing granola goodness. The granola things were superb and I'm certain they, along with the muffins, were made by the church. 

Kverl it was well organized, fun, the weather was great,shirts awesome and bright, medals were okay. But for everything all accounted for is definitely do it again and suggest others do so as well. 

Here was what my race loot included:

My mom got out bibs and they never labelled whose was whose. When we got to the race I confirmed my number and had to change with my mom. So I was actually bib #55. 

Here were our medals. 
Until next year, Mr. Persuchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment