Friday 5 June 2015

Race Kit Pickup day!

Today was a double race-kit pick day! And Boy was it exciting!

In the morning, I headed up to Barrie (Running Free) to pick up my mom and I's 5 KM race kit's for Sunday morning. I ended up getting to Running Free at 11:30, even though they said pick up began at noon, but they were okay with my earliness. I picked up an Appleby's bag with a bib, shirt, Cliff bar and a few pamphlets. The shirt's were nice looking, but very long and I didn't love the material. But it is a tech shirt and it's unique with Barrie's landmark pictures on it. I picked up a Large for myself and a medium for my mom, and the medium was millimetres smaller than the large. Perhaps it was a men's accidentally? Whatever it was, it was big for her. Mine fit me just fine.


Inside the bag was alto a 'spend 100 and get $20 off' coupon for the Running Free store. I believe it was also advertised that you received 20% off of Running Free items during race-kit pickup day too. Excluding electronics, however. The last pamphlet was for the Podium Group which, if filled out, provided you with a free cowbell! Very cool! So we filled those out!

My second race kit, I picked up on our way to Toronto to watch 'Once' the musical. Nike provided a few race kit pick-up day's over a week before the race. So I took advantage of that and picked mine up at the Sporting Life store on Yonge Street. I love this store and never walk away from it without a race kit or purchase in hand!

When I got to the store I saw the beautiful Nike Toronto 15 KM shirts and couldn't resist! I headed upstairs to pick up my race kit first then decided I would shop, while Doug waited for me. I was asked for a piece of ID and my confirmation e-mail (the first I have ever been asked, for a race kit) and they set me up with my kit.

Inside the kit were a ferry ticket, course map, race wave bracelet, bib with tracker, beautiful peach tech shirt and two packet's of 4 Nuun tablets. (The orange/lime I found out I was not a fan of).

I opted in to be searchable in the system by name for tracking me the day of the race and then headed over to the beautiful other gear. I ended up buying the $45 turquoise tech tee that says 'Nike Women's 15 K Toronto' as well. Because when again would I get a shirt like that! It was very pretty!

After I had my goods in hand I was out the door in a flash. Doug was happy about that. And we were off on our way to the Downtown core. 

Both places were well organized and I had no lineup to get to. Though I have heard the Nike one had a lineup of 25 people at one point of the day, around rush hour. Glad I went when I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment