Sunday 20 July 2014

Warrior Dash

Yesterday I did the Warrior Dash at Horseshoe Valley in Barrie and it was the hardest run I've done thus far! My stomach wasn't the greatest but I made it through! It's 5 KM of running with multiple obstacles that required endurance and upper body strength. Both of which I need to work on, apparently! It was a TON of fun and i'd definitely recommend doing it with a group of people you know so that you can cheer each other on or help each other out. I'd like to do this race with Doug next year potentially. I did it with Alison and Brittany this year. At first I was hesitant to sign up (i'm not very fond of ponds of water) but I signed up at the last minute (paying about $100 to enter it) trying to tough out my fears. In the end we didn't end up going through a single body of water, just up and down multiple ski hills and difficult obstacles.

Here's a picture of us before the run...
During the race...
Some of the costumes were...um.....interesting!
Running through fire...
 And finally finishing!!!
The last obstacle was to run through a mud pit under barbed wire. We had fun with that and Alison ended up falling in too. Afterwards firemen sprayed us down with water.

With our registration to the event we got a free beer afterwards. I was pretty hungry too so I bought a whole Turkey Leg ($7.00). Well worth it I might say!

 I had a blast even though I am extremely sore today (the day after). Here is what we got for registering: a hat, t-shirt, bib number and race medal complete with bottle opener. :)
I'd definitely do this again and recommend anyone who wants to try it to just do it. It took us about 1:00:00 to do the whole course. I'd say I'm a warrior after that. :)
A special shout out goes over to my friend Meghan for cheering me on slash 'holding all my stuff while I ran the race' :p. She took some great pictures, which I wouldn't have without her being there, and I appreciate her coming and being my 'mom' for the afternoon, lol. Thanks girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment