Friday 18 July 2014

Angus Glen 5 Miler

Man oh man this was a tough one. When we signed up for the 5 miler or 8km run we regretted it the next day. Next year I think we will do the 3 miler. Lol. Don't get me wrong the corse was beautiful, the race kit was awesome too but it was a tough go. I've done maybe one run where it involved a hill and I wanted to completely bail, but I ran with my mom and we helped each other through it. We didn't stick to our 4 and 1 pace but we finished and that's all we wanted to do. This was a very hilly course with several steep inclines. It also sucked that it was done at 6:00 pm in the heat of hte day. I'd rather it be raining to be honest! My time was 1:02:25 and I'm happy about that all considering. I ran the lat 0.8 km by myself ahead of my mom, who finished with 1:03:29.

Here are my terrible running pictures. I wish I were more photogenic!



After we got bottles of water and bananas wih our medal and went on to have a lovely BBQ (salad and burgers or hot dogs with a pop and chips). I'd do it again, just the shorter one! Here's our bling!
This year was an anniversary year for The Angus Glen race so our medals featured bottle openers. How helpful!

I finished 24th in my age group and 162 overall (our of 188, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment