Saturday 10 May 2014

Tomorrow's Race Day!

So the night before the race of the Sporting Life 10 KM run has finally come! I've been trying to eat 'healthy' today which has mainly consisted of lots of yogurt and granola bars, some chicken and grilled peppers. I took a pass on all that good tasting greasy food at the restaurant today. Hopefully that proves to be a good choice tomorrow! Today was the first day all week that I wasn't faced with a migraine headache so that was a nice treat. I hope that takes a rest tomorrow too. Fingers crossed for me!



I've laid all of my belongings out for tomorrow and pinned my bib to my shirt. I'm just waiting to feel a wink of tiredness come over me. There's too much excitement and nervousness going on. I'm definitely not nervous about physically running the race, i'm mainly worried about having to stop for a washroom. I really just hope I can just enjoy myself tomorrow.

I am definitely not going for a personal best or anything here. I'll be running 1 and 1's. I'm still working towards doing a 5 KM with 1 and 1's (i'm at 4 and 1's so far on the 3.2 range). But i'm getting there! So tomorrow i'll be doing a lot of 'moving to the side' so people don't pile into me. I just hope I don't tire myself out. I know i'll want to run for longer but not be able to finish the 10 KM. I'll just try my best and that's all I can do, right?! That'w what I tell my students at least :)

Wish me luck tomorrow! I'm bib# 21727. And good luck to everyone else running! See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment