Saturday 6 September 2014

Electro Dash 5 Km

Two fun runs that I signed up to do were Run or Dye and the Electro Dash. Both had their own element of fun for different reasons.

A while back I signed up for the electro dash with my friend Meghan and had our race packs delivered to us for a small fee. I thought this was worth it instead of havig to drie to downtown Toronto to pick them up. Turns out that was cancelled for whatever reason and we has to pick em up at wonderland. I didn't find that a huge deal since it was way easier to pick it up there then the Metro Toronto Convention Centre!  So, Thursday I picked up our race kits in the Wonderland parking lot (wonderland is closed weekdays.  Here was what owe got inside:
There was a pair of glow glasses and four glow sticks to wear. I added the glow pair for an added few that we could add to our fun outfits. 

Race Day:

Before we left home there was a severe thunderstorm warning. We knew it was going to rain but unsure if they would postpone the race because of it! We got to wonderland, and free parking since the park was closed, around 7:45 to race at 8. As we got there the torrential downpours decided to come. We were guided Inside a tent inside the park to keep dry. We were going to wear our tutus, but decided against them with the rain nuisance.


The lightening was plentiful and it didn't seem to want to let up! But thankfully they let us run. It ended up being 40 minutes later, but we did it. In the pouring rain nonetheless! Here was the route we were to run. 

The run wasn't bad. It was very wet, somewhat lit up with glow ligts but fun. It you were 14 years old and ran with a bunch of friends I'm sure it would be better. But we had no problem making or own fun by jumping through puddles in the park. There was lots of room to run compared to Run or Dye, so that was enjoyable. Due to the rain we only ended up running a shorter 4 km race, so my watch tells me. After te race we were guides back into e tent we were initially under to continue our 'rave'. Not really something I'm into so we just headed home. Especially after we were soaking wet. 

Overall, it wasn't a terrible experience. Would I do it again? Probably not. But it was fun while we were there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment