Monday 22 September 2014

Straight to 10 KM's!

After running the Oasis Zoo 10 KM Run on Saturday, I have come to the conclusion (through my own experience) that I need to focus on doing my 5 KM distances first. I am taking the soreness of my legs, including the painful task of even sitting down on a chair, as a sign!!! Clearly I am not nearly fit enough to jump into 10 KM run's as of yet!

In March, I started running and my goal was to try and see how far I could run doing 1 and 1's. I slowly realized that it wasn't about how far you can run, but about the best time you can physically run it in. After that I started following the Running Room's 'Learn To Run' and '5 KM Run' programme schedules my mom gave me from her courses. I put them together and tried to do my own thing. It's been about 6 months now and I'm only up to 7 and 1's. I've had a busy summer schedule where I didn't run for weeks on end, but overall i'm getting there. I really wanted to try and motor through the programme, but I'm finding I might need a clinic to participate in. It will be interesting to see if I have time to sign up for the clinic, as I also have soccer on Thursday nights, and if I can continue to run through the winter schnanighans!

No comments:

Post a Comment