Tuesday 6 January 2015

2015 Race Goals

2015 is now upon us. And for that it means I only have a year and a bit until my goal race of the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my mom in February, 2016! Eek! I can't wait, but I have so much training to do before then!

This year I have started off trying to eat right (no gluten for my tummy), exercise more frequently to tone up, and attempting to run more often. So far the first two are a go, however, the running bit is a bit more challenging. My stomach hasn't been the greatest (minor flare up with UC) and the weather has been SO COLD! So I have been trying to run inside in the mean time. Might I add that I hate running on a treadmill, so this will be interesting!

I have recently registered for a few races! Previously I registered for the Sporting Life 10 KM run. And the other day I registered for the Harry Spring Off 8 KM and the Yonge Street 10 KM run. Today I also registered for the Move Your Paws for the Polar Bear Cause 5 KM in February to get a head start. I love getting race medals and it's a good 'kick in the butt' kind of race to get me going for this year. It's only a 5 KM run but the zoo has been known to be hilly, so I am interested in what the route will look like!


No comments:

Post a Comment