Sunday 24 August 2014

Failure to Launch

Thursday evening my mom picked up our race kits from the Rosedale Running Room for the Toronto Women's 10km Run at Sunnybrook Park in Toronto. Take a look at the pretty pink tech shirts and personalize bibs they had for this race!!

I got a large shirt because I heard rumor that try for small. The large was perfect for me. 

Saturday mornjng at 8:00 am was the race. So I set a few, not all, things for my am race on my bed for the next morning, went to my engagement party for a friend that night and came home and went to bed. I went to bed with a headahe hoping it would go away while I slept. 

It didn't. :(. I woke up with quite the headahe which in turn made my stomach feel nauscious. I was up at 5:15 to give my stomach lots of time to wake up but that didn't do any justice for me head. Needless to say I ended up not running. It kind of sucked because I wanted to do this race with my mom, the shirts were nice and you got some bling out of it too! Now I'm not sure I should even wear the shirt if I didn't complete the race! I'm blaming this on bad luck, on top of my laziness and lack of time for running lately. I have always prepared everything for the am the night before and this time I didn't. So dually noted! I hope to participate in his run next year with my mom and have the firefighters hand me my water and chocolate! 

Yesterday was a failure to launch, but the next race! Run or Dye is next weekend and hopefully I won'tt have a headache for this fun 5 km run!! I'm doing it with a few friends too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment